At least 22 security personal have lost their lives in Chhattisgarh’s Bijapur Naxal attack on Saturday
A day after the deadly Naxal attack in the Sukma-Bijapur area in Chhattisgarh that claimed the lives of 22 security personnel, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel has said that there was no intelligence failure and the operations against the Maoists would continue.
While asserting that the work of establishing camps in Naxal-affected areas would be completed in an expedited manner, Baghel said that Naxals were frustrated by the installation of camps in the area as it would restrict their movement. “About 2000 soldiers were sent to install camps in an area which is Naxal bastion. This would restrict their movement, hence they were frustrated. There was no intelligence failure. We’ll surely install camps there. My condolences to bereaved families,” ANI quoted the Chhattisgarh chief minister as saying.
Union Home Minister Amit Shah will visit today the site where Naxals attacked security personnel at the Sukma-Bijapur border in Chhattisgarh. Later, he will meet the injured jawans at the hospital.
Baghel meets security personnel injured in Naxal attack
Baghel who returned to the state on Sunday from Assam where he had been campaigning for the ongoing Assembly elections, met with security personnel who were injured in the Naxal attack in Bijapur on Saturday, at Ramkrishna Care Hospital in Raipur. “Our jawans were martyred in the fight, but they fought courageously. I bow to their martyrdom,” he said. The Chief Minister said that the security forces were highly motivated and determined to win the battle against the Naxalites. “They are fighting the Naxalites in their den. This encounter between police and the Naxals has caused huge damage to the Naxalites in Bijapur. We have received information that the Naxalites had carried their dead and injured fellowmen in four tractors from the encounter site.” he added.